A synthetic peptide from rat (isoforms: alpha, beta, beta-2, theta, iota, kappa) mouse, human (isoforms: CRA-a, b, c, g, f) TRPC4 (TRP4) conjugated to an immunogenic carrier protein was used as the antigen. The peptide is homologous in many other species.
The location of the epitope is highlighted in
Also known as
Short transient receptor potential channel 4, TrpC4, Trp4, Capacitative calcium entry channel 1, CCE1, Trrp4, Receptor-activated cation channel TRP4, Trp-related protein 4, hTrp-4, hTrp4
FUNCTION: Thought to form non-selective a receptor-activated calcium permeant cation channel. Probably is operated by a phosphatidylinositol second messenger system activated by receptor tyrosine kinases or G-protein coupled receptors. Has also been shown to be calcium-selective. May also be activated by intracellular calcium store depletion.
SUBUNIT: Isoform alpha but not isoform beta associates with inositol-1,4,5-triphosphate receptor (ITPR). Interacts with NHERF.
SUBCELLULAR LOCATION: Membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein.
- TISSUE SPECIFICITY: Abundantly expressed in brain (hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons, dentate gyrus granule cells, and cerebral cortical neurons, and in the septal nuclei and the mitral layer of olfactory bulb). Lower levels are detected in other tissues.
- TISSUE SPECIFICITY: Strongly expressed in placenta. Expressed at lower levels in heart, pancreas, kidney and brain. Isoform alpha was found to be the predominant isoform. Isoform beta was not found in pancreas and brain.
Maintain the lyophilised/reconstituted antibodies frozen at -20°C for long term storage and refrigerated at 2-8°C for a shorter term. When reconstituting, glycerol (1:1) may be added for an additional stability. Avoid freeze and thaw cycles.
12 months after reconstitution
This item will be shipped to you at ambient temperature in a lyophilised form.
1. Funayama M, et al. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 43:259-266(1996).
2. Tang Y, et al. J. Biol. Chem. 275:37559-37564(2000).
3. Mori Y, et a. NeuroReport 9:507-515(1998).
4. Petersen C.C.H, et al. Biochem. J. 311:41-44(1995).
5. Freichel M, et al. Nat. Cell Biol. 3:121-127(2001).
For research use only
NZ white rabbit
Polyclonal, whole serum
IHC, WB (confirmed by recombinant protein). A dilution of 1: 300 to 1: 2000 is recommended. The optimal dilution should be determined by the end user. Not yet tested in other applications.
Specific for TRPC4. See also the immunogen.
Rat, mouse, human. Other species not yet tested. See also the immunogen.
Reconstitute in 100 µl of sterile water. Centrifuge to remove any insoluble material.